Advance developments in the field of information & technology and the growing needs of global knowledge base industry and global b usiness industry are leading the world to adopt new systems of learning. Electronic learning is the system developed in recent years to fulfill the needs of global education system at academic level as well as corporate training programs for employees.
Software companies are developing customized e- learning software for all learning markets. E-learning software is being used for universities, business schools & colleges and corporate. E-learning software can be rented, leased or purchased as per requirements and budget. These types of software are very helpful in reducing the cost and expand the reach of information through virtual classes. They are handy in distance learning programs, professional course development and managing student information.
E-learning is the combination of multimedia and internet. There are various tools are available in the software developing industry for E-learning. These tools can be listed like:
- Various multimedia tools are included like text, images, graphics, sound, animation, video, etc
- Tools for creation of text are HTML or Hyper Text Markup Language, Adobe Acrobat .PDF files and TXT, .DOC, .RFT are the more common formats.
- Graphics & images tools are used to improve look & content and to make easy to understand. To edit and modify the images various image authoring tools are Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, Freehand, Super Paint, and Fractal Design Painter and so on.
- Animation tools like Corel web graphics, GIF builder are being used to build various animation formats.
- Web Publishing Tools like macromedia, Dream Weaver, Microsoft Front Page etc are used to make web based education site.
- Internet-based Conferencing Tools are like email, discussion boards, lists, live chat and newsgroups that help in interaction.